Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Motivation, Inspiration, and Work Ethic. (VIDEO)

"If I can change, so can you...just commit to the process"


The reasons I train and live healthy are not just to look good on the beach or try to get female attention
.  When I was younger in my teen years, the main goal was to have try to get abs or build arms to impress women.  I found out after being ignored and/or turned down throughout those years that ultimately women do not go as gaga over those things like a man would over a fit woman with curves and a flat stomach!  As I write this today, I have developed my best physique of my 29 years, and I am looking forward to making more progress everyday.  BUT, this is not the reason why I train...

I train to motivate others.  I train to inspire others.  I train to show the value of consistent hard work.  I train to show that you do not have to be born with supreme genetics in order to develop your body to amazing levels.  I train to show others that they can progress by doing things the right way and avoiding the DANGO.  A good while back, I once dated a woman and we would train together.  I thought I had found fitness matrimony, HA!  She had worked with trainers previously, but it was apparent that her training was lacking in principle and accountability.  It needed a huge boost of intensity, attitude, structure, and know how.  I taught her proper form, and how to execute the basic movements to get the most out of them.  She would question the intensity of the sessions at times like "You and your training is crazy!"  Within weeks however she was stronger, leaner, more balanced (she had lagging parts due to years of improper form) and curvier than she had been in her whole life!  I made sure that she never wasted time with gimmick moves like one-leg press, half squats, the "glute" machine, and countless ab moves.  One thing I did tell her early on though was that "even if things do not work out between us, you will KNOW how to train properly forever."

What is the point of the above story?  That I enjoy seeing others prosper and being able to apply the truth to their training.  When someone truly commits and sees the changes, my heart smiles!  What I strive to do is leave a lasting impression on every person that I train or train with that will be burned into their brain.  The impression of working hard, working smart, being accountable, and not taking shortcuts.  So without further ado, I hope that you can find inspiration in my training montage.  A famous (and my favorite) Philadelphia boxing rag to riches story inspired me to do this.  Look where I started and look where I am today.  BUT, look at what it takes to get there...like Tupac Amaru Shakur once said, "It Ain't Easy."  But it is possible.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment